2223 Market’s $12 Tuesdays
Who & Where:
2223 Market, between Sanchez and Noe
What & When:
$12 Tuesdays: American dinner entrees with some Asian and Mediterranean inspirations, for $12, and starters for $6. No wonder reservations are highly recommended.
Dinner starts at 5:30 p.m. and goes until 9:30 p.m.
- Great value, especially since they use hormone- and antibiotic-free meats and seafood.
- Just-right portions. I had the Cornmeal Encrusted Cod Fish and had enough for a little snack the next day.
- Warm bread rolls. They were quite generous in refilling our basket with these.
- Lively atmosphere. A contemporary, clean place to meet up with friends for a quick bite and some catching up.
- No air conditioning. Rarely a problem in San Francisco, but if you happen to be there on the one record-breaking high temp day of the year, be ready to fan yourself.
- Expect some variety. My cod fish entree was prepared differently than my friend’s cod fish entree. (I’d gotten there late and placed my order after she did.) She claims that her portion was smaller. My pieces were breaded, too, which was fine with me.
- Their menu changes regularly. Use the menu on their website as a guide, not as something set in stone.