Art’s Tapas + Sushi Lounge: Happy Hour Specials
Editor’s Note: Yikes! In the fickle world of San Francisco restaurants, Art’s has already closed its doors! Bummer.
Who & Where:
Art’s Tapas + Sushi Lounge
2353 Lombard St. (at Pierce)
What & When:
- Serenely hip Asian-inspired decor with roomy surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for small plates and sushi
- Happy hour happens everyday from 5:30pm – 7:00pm and then 9:00pm to closing. (Make sure you hang out in the bar or lounge area, not the seated dining room.)
- Their daily happy hour serves $0.99 oysters on the half shell (in 1/2 dozen or dozen orders only…but who eats less than that?)
- Free parking. They have a decent number of spots (10+ it seemed)! Of course, YMMV, but it’s always worth a shot.
- Roomy main area and lounge. The main dining area is large enough so I didn’t feel crowded next to the other tables around me. There’s a separate lounge area near the sushi bar, which looks like it’d be an excellent venue for a private party.
- Value for their standard menu items. If you’ve got champagne taste but need to stick closer to a craft beer budget, you can get renditions of $$$-restaurant fare at a fraction of the price, and it tastes almost as good. For example, the Beef Carpaccio ($9), drizzled with a wasabi aioli sauce, capers, argula, and parmesan cheese, would be in the double digits at certain places along the Embarcadero. Same goes for the Yellowtail Crudo ($9), with its mixed radish topping, and the Walu Sizzling Plate ($10).
- Don’t forget page 2! There are so many tasty items to choose from on the Tapas side of the menu (which includes both “land” and “sea” selections), that I didn’t give myself the chance to really turn over the menu to select additional seafood items from the Sushi side.