Crystal Cove Shake Shack: New Management…and New Prices
Looks like Ruby’s has taken over management of the beloved Crystal Cove Shake Shack on PCH. I headed there today and was told this happened about a month ago.
Some changes that I noticed:
- Shakes prices have gone up to $4.29
- The shack’s gotten a new paint job
- They’ve installed a POS (point-of-sale) system at the order counter — no more orders written on a scrap of paper in pencil!
- Burgers and other food are served on liners with the Ruby’s logo plastered all over it – I can handle a little corporate sponsorship I suppose…
Things that haven’t changed?
– The date shake is still on the menu – it’s the first one listed, in fact
– Sandwiches still offer squaw bread as an option
– The crowd, young & old, is still stopping by
– The beautiful view of the beach below makes this a shack with one of the best views I know