Tyler Florence Cooking Demo at Macy’s + Recipe
Who: Tyler Florence, Food Network chef. (He was on How to Boil Water, a show meant for me, and is now on Tyler’s Ultimate.)
What: He’s doing a cookbook-signing and free cooking demonstration.
When: Thursday, June 17, 6pm.
Macy’s Stoneridge Mall, Men’s Store
Home Department, 3rd Floor
RSVP: Make sure you register for this free event so you get a seat! More details are on the Macy’s Culinary Council page.
Why: Free samples! A celebrity chef sighting! Cool kitchen gadgets! What else do you want?
But seriously, dear readers, I like Tyler’s realistic-but-tasty recipes. That means he’s showing us how to make dishes that can taste great while keeping it simple. For example, here’s his Fettucine Diablo recipe which I think would be another great recipe for a date:
- Olive oil
- A few cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- 1 onion, chopped
- “Cracked” olives (make sure they’re pitted)…you should be able to find this at a grocery deli
- Fresh basil leaves (you could get away with dried basil flakes if you’re in a rush but fresh herbs always get noticed
- 2 cans peeled tomatoes – they look like the bigger cans
- A couple bay leaves
- 1 lb. fettucine
- ricotta for garnish (he uses a shreddable one, not the pasty type in tubs)
- salt for the water that will be cooking the pasta
Hope you can make it to the event to get additional recipes and insights from this guy!