Mac ‘n Cheese Recipe – Quick and Easy
I finally got around to making Mrs. Eula J.’s easy macaroni & cheese recipe. It’s what’s gonna bring Velveeta back! Here’s my version of it.
- 1 regular package of Small Elbow Macaroni (I believe this is about 12 oz.)
- 1/2 lb of Velveeta Cheese (or the Lucerne knockoff…it’s a block of cheese product)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Italian seasoned bread crumbs (optional)
- Louisiana hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using the directions on the package, boil Elbow Macaroni to al dente
- Drain well
- In saucepan, melt 1/4 lb of cheese with milk (stir often)
- Butter a casserole dish and put drained macaroni in
- Pour melted milk and cheese mixture over macaroni.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste while you stir to coat all the macaroni with the sauce.
- Place the remainder of cheese (grated, sliced who cares) on top of the macaroni
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly across the top
Cook for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until the corners bubble up.
Serve while hot, add hot sauce if you want a little extra kick to it!