Which one do you prefer using and why?
- What Type of Organic Eggs Am I Buying?
- Fava: Making Hummus from Fava Beans
- Nutrition Diva Podcast: Giving Foodies the Real Scoop
- Easy One Dish Dinner: Jambalaya
- Quick Tips to Reduce Daily Calorie Intake
- Healthier Snacking With Roasted Chickpeas
- What Fish is Safe to Eat?
- Book Review: $5 Dinner Mom’s Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook
- Nombe: Japanese Tapas (Izakaya) Hits the Mission
- Braised Vegan Meatball Recipe
I use a 50-50 combo.
Dark! I have a killer recipe for chocolate chip pecan pie I’ll have to send your way.
I usually use the light because (a) the Caro light syrup has touch of vanilla in it and (b) the dark does nothing other than color the pie a lil bit more which makes it more difficult to tell if it is truly done. I also use the light in a 66 2/3%/33 1/3% mixture with maple syrup which gives me a better output than the dark syrup or the light syrup by itself.
Light all the way. Bryant is absolutely right on being able to tell if its done, and pecan pie doesn’t seem right to me if it doesn’t have the nice light jelly look to it. Yum. So when are we making pies?